CONTACT: (919) 647-4600 ext. 700
HELLO, I'M Patricia Muehlberger
Hello, my name is Patricia Muehlberger. I am originally from the Midwest and moved to NC about 5 years ago. I love it here. I enjoy reading, swimming, yoga and college basketball. I have four amazing children. My philosophy is that everyone has their own answers. They just may need someone to help find them. That’s where I come in, with an open mind and expertise. I am here to explore what works for you and to help you make healthy choices for yourself through support, guidance and providing tools for personal growth.
I earned my MS degree from Missouri State University. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), National Certified Counselor (NCC), and a Registered Yoga Teacher (200 RYT.) I have significant training and experience working with crisis situations and trauma victims, especially our Military members. Re-integration and PTSD are some of the issues that take focus during therapy sessions. I have vast experience in individual, family and relationship counseling. I work with ages 11 and up. My emphasis for yoga training involves behavioral health issues such as: depression, anxiety, ADD/ADHD, OCD, and trauma.
My counseling approach involves the whole individual. “One size fits all” does NOT exist. Together we will explore the right approach that is most effective for you. I focus on Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Solution-Focused Therapy, Person-Centered, Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), and other integrative approaches such as mindfulness and yoga for depression, anxiety and trauma.
- BCBS (Out-of-Network for Blue-Local Plans for Duke & WakeMed)
- Private pay, fee schedule is as following:
Initial Assessment/Consultation - $130
45-minute session - $75
45-60 minutes - $100
* There will be $35 missed appointment fee for appointment on Monday-Friday & $50 missed appointment fee for Saturday appointments unless cancel appointment 24 hours in advance.
- Out-of-network benefits: I can provide a “Super Bill” or an Invoice for client to submit to their insurance for reimbursement (client is responsible for verifying out-of-network benefits with their insurance plan).
- Sliding Scale (based on household income & number of dependents): I have limited number of sessions for clients who may quality for a sliding scale rate between $50-75, contact me to determine if you qualify or if I have availability.